Wow, this has to be some kind of record for me. Sorry for going so long without an update…but thank you very much to those of you who sent me kind messages in the interim! I will catch up on those correspondences eventually…
If you haven’t guessed, life has been really eventful over these last five (eek…) months. For those who care, this summer I have done the following:
- completed my master’s degree (WOOO!)
- spent a week in June hiking around the Santorini volcanic caldera (off the coast of Greece, with some lovely folks from South Africa and Germany, via VolcanoDiscovery–highly, highly recommended!)
- intentionally took the summer off, and spent most of it looking for a job and exploring Pittsburgh (probably the most underrated city in the US–it is truly a gem and I miss it dearly.)
- did a bunch of traveling, mostly for job interviews (Denver, Washington DC, New York, Boston…whew), but met friends and had fun in the process
- dated a pretty wonderful guy for a couple of months :)
- moved back to Atlanta (my hometown), upon my Pittsburgh lease ending
- turned 30 years old
- accepted a job in mid-September in the greater Boston area (yaaaay!), and, within the next 2 weeks, packed up all my things and relocated from Atlanta to Boston a couple of weeks ago
- started my new job last week!
I’m still in temporary housing for at least the next week or so, but hope to move into more permanent digs fairly soon (and have all my stuff delivered from Atlanta shortly after; I’m currently living with 2 suitcases, a backpack, and my violin). And work is going pretty well so far, too–I’m working as a user experience designer for an engineering software company. it’s always wonderful working with people who treat each other as people and not just cogs in the system, and this company has some great personal and professional practices.
Hopefully you all have had a good summer! I can’t believe it’s been this long since posting here–even if I don’t have much in the way of updates to post (though to be honest, I actually do have some great images and content to add, thanks to the efforts of some talented and dedicated folks), it’s just nice to reach out and say hello to you all. You’re a great, chill, friendly group, and it’s always a pleasure chatting with you all.
Anyway, in more PoDW-centric news…heh, really, not much to report, as usual. August 30th marked the 1-year anniversary of the DVD release, and sales seem to still be going strong as word continues to get out there that the show is out on DVD. I still am entertaining notions of re-architecting and redesigning the site from the ground up, but this design will probably persist for a while longer. Hopefully once the rest of my stuff arrives, I can get back to scanning in the rest of the RPG creature pages. I hereby am setting a goal of finishing them by year’s end–you all can hold me to that. :)
And with that, time to sign off for the night…it’s a work night! (Such a weird feeling. Getting used to contiguous 8-hour days has been surprisingly tough, after two years of a much more open-ended schedule.) Take care and have a good night, everyone!